Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held on... you guessed it, WEDNESDAY and it's hosted by the wonderful Jill at Breaking the Spine!

This week I'm waiting on... (This is where the drumroll goes)

Release Date: July 10, 2012
Publisher: MTV Books
320 Pages

A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.

High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever.     

But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business — until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers — and the consequences could be deadly.

Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite YA contemporary authors. Right up there with Sarah Dessen, Stephanie Perkins and John Green. She has yet to produce a novel that I didn't immediately fall in love with. And most of them have torn my heart to shreds only to make me the happiest person, ever. So you understand now? I can't wait for this book because I know it's going to be great, just like all of her other work!

What are you waiting on this lovely Wednesday?

9 comments :

  1. I can't wait for this one too! I've read some of Jennifer Echols books and I enjoyed most of it. Her stories were very heartwarming and sexy and the same time! Haha! Nice pick! :))

    Eunice @ Book Overdose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by Jennifer Echols yet, but this one does sound amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    New Follower :)
    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must fix this! Sorry, I just had to comment because I was so struck by this.
      Dude, read Going Too Far as soon as possible! I'd love to hear what you have to say when you finish. I haven't met a person yet who didn't like it!

      And thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. the couple of books i've read by this author i've enjoyed. i'm a sucker for YA contemps and i love the sound of this one. planning to pick it up when it's out :)

    my WoW this week

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll love Jennifer Echols and I'll read just because of that! It sounds great and the cover is beautiful too :) Great pick!

    Liza’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never read any Jennifer Echols, but I have this one waiting on my shelf and I can't wait to get to it! I always wanted to be a pilot when I was younger. :) Great pick!

    Here's my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pick! I love Jennifer Echols so I know I cannot wait for this book to come out. She got me back into reading. Here is my WoW
    Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Legends of the Fall - for a YA audience - should be a really good story!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choice!! I love Jennifer Echols so much that she sent me an ARC of Such A Rush. It is SO good!
    And I agree with you about how wonderful Going Too Far is. John After (sorry, Johnafter...) is magnificent. Love him - even if he is young enough to be my son.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me