Friday, May 4, 2012

Follow Friday (12)

Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View!

Q. What is one thing that you wish you could tell your favorite author?

A. This is a toughy because I don't really have a "favorite" author. I don't really even have a favorite book - I pretty much call all authors and books my favorites, if I really enjoy them. And I ramble so it's more like: "what would you tell the author(s) that have impacted your life most in the span of one minute?"

The four authors who have affected my life with their work the most though are: Suzanne Collins, John Green, Veronica Roth and Stephenie Meyer (JUDGE ME).

To Suzanne: I fell in love with your books so quickly. The plot seemed so far-fetched, but believable. The Hunger Games has some of the greatest, most frightening action. Thank you for writing an amazing series that got me emotionally involved in the lives of the characters and in the plot, and thank you for starting the dystopian trend! You are brilliant and I need hope to see more from you in the future.

To John: I love you. Literally, if you weren't married, I'd jump on that. I loved you and your work before TFIOS, but that book... Holy crap, that book tore me to shreds. My mother has been struggling with cancer for seventeen years and I have never read a book from the perspective of someone fighting the disease. TFIOS is, honestly, one of the best books that I have ever read in my entire life.

I already have said a lot to Veronica... I met her on Wednesday. She's wonderful. I told her that she was so cute and that I wanted to put her in my pocket and I hugged her while giving my appreciation for not writing another freaking love triangle. So... I think that's about as embarrassing as I can be with her. But I forgot to tell her: IF FOUR AND TRIS DON'T END UP TOGETHER HAPPILY AND HAVE BABIES, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE AND NO LONGER TALK ABOUT HOW ADORABLE YOUR PUPPY IS.

To Stephenie: I'm sorry that no one spells your name right, even if they are fans of your books. That sucks. Also, thank you. Your book first book was what got me into reading in the first place. You got me through high school because I was able to discover what I want to do with my life and started reading more than doing homework. I became widely known to both classmates and teachers as: "that girl who reads all the time." But really, without you, I wouldn't be where I am, doing what I'm doing. I appreciate you even though you don't know I exist.

What would you say to your favorite author?

P.S. Shout out to Ali from Ali's Bookshelf - she's one of the featured blogs this week. I met her on Wednesday at the Veronica Roth signing and she's so sweet!


7 comments :

  1. lol I like the fact that you owned up to Stephenie M. too. I did as well, except my "letter" was a little different. But I agree, she did an awesome job of opening up books to a lot of teenagers who didn't realize there were other genre's out there. Well said!

    *New follower via GFC

    Here's my FF: Lit Girl: Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I your responses are funny
    New follower! Here's my FF;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you apologized to Stephenie in your letter :) I'm super excited to meet Veronica! She's coming to Philly on June 6th!!

    Here’s my FF post

    Happy reading!

    Megan @ The Girly Bookworm (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Follower now also following through Linky, I also wrote my letter to Stephenie Meyer it's a pity none of theses authors will ever see them lol, my FF
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. Love that you spelled Stephenie's name right. As a girl whose name is always misspelled, I can sympathize with her. Stephenie definitely made a huge impact on my life.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Flattery will get you so far in life :-)

    Have a great weekend. Off to explore your blog a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your answer.>

    And like you, Twilight started my love for books...2 years ago.. and look where I am now > a blogger/reviewer hehe...

    New Follower!

    My FF

    My 200-Follower-Milestone-Giveaway (8 books up for grabs!/INT)


    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me