Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (9)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
The prompt for this week is Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes!

0.5. "Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin." - John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars
1. "What a slut time is. She screws everybody." - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars (THIS WHOLE BOOK IS MY FAVORITE QUOTE.)
2. "I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun." - Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games (And all the other pretty words in The Hunger Games series. For they are love and love they are.)
3. "You can't kill the truth." - Mira Grant, Feed
4. "To die would be an awfully big adventure." - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
5. "'Please Mia,' he implores, 'Don't make me write a song.'" - Gayle Forman, If I Stay
6. "Without a filter, a man is just chaos walking." - Patrick Ness, The Knife of Never Letting Go
7. "Life is an ugly, awful place not to have a best friend." - Sarah Dessen, Someone Like You
8. "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
9. "'What do you want for me, Maggie? Advice? Absolution? Go forth and be a bitch no more.'" - Molly Harper, How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf
10. "I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses." - Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies 

I can't pick ten. This decision was so hard to make... So if you want all my favorite quotes go here and check them out on my Goodreads account.

8 comments :

  1. Oh I loved the book How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf. Great Quotes! Here are my My Top Ten

    Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant love anymore The Fault In Our Stars. My smile when I see people who write about it is stupid and so big! I also adore Someone Like You!

    This is •My List•

    Im a new blogger, so please feel free to leave a comment, advice or recommendation ! :D

    Valery • The Book Of Owl's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeppp!!! SO many fantastic quotes. Love the ones you pick from TFiOS. Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quotes! I have a HP quote too. And I just finished The Fault in our Stars, and I agree - the whole damn book!!!

    I tried something different with my quotes, you're welcome to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 'Warm Bodies' quote is awesome! I read the book a while ago and didn't remember that one...but it is awesome!

    My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoes were some great quotes. #1 made me LOL, literally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Hunger Games quote. The Goblet of Fire one is ironic because Sirius is referring to how Crouch treats his house elf. Talk about hypocrisy. Wow, I seriously need to read TFioS. It's criminal I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me