Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (25)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Bookish Confessions


1. If I don't like a book, I return it.
- I go to bookstores a lot. I mean... A lot. A lot. And I've got a problem, where I can't walk in without buying a book. SO, the solution is, if I don't like the book... I return it. I may be a horrible person for that, but I can't help it!
2. In high school, I refused to tell anyone about my favorite books because I didn't want anyone else to know about them and think that they loved them more.
- ... That one speaks for itself. I don't share well.
3. I am a grammar/spelling nazi.
- Literally, that is what I was referred to as in high school. More often than not, my classmates would ask me to edit their work. To this day, my friends are still asking for my help. That being said, I miss errors in my own work all the time. WHERE IS THE SENSE IN THIS?
4. I don't like the library.
- Okay, it's not that I don't like the library... I really, really do. But I don't like people. The trouble with going to the library is everyone borrows those books. There have been several times when I've found food, bugs and boogers in the books. So when it comes down to it, unless I'm desperate, I try to avoid the library.
5. I buy bookmarks and don't use them.
- I have the largest collection of bookmarks... ever. And I use tissues and random papers instead. That doesn't stop me from buying more, though!
6. I read the ends of books first.
- Suspense is not my style. Unless I'm reading on my kindle, I usually take a peak in the back to see where the story is going and how it will end.
7. I hate unhappy endings.
- This can also apply to real life. Books without happy endings are worth reading, IN MY OPINION. It may sound stupid, but for the most part, I read to escape reality. I like angst, but I do not like when the story ends without a satisfying, happy ending.
8. I judge books based on their covers.
- I've said this before and I should be ashamed, but I'm not.
9. I skim.
- Not in every book, only in ones I find dull. I can't help it, my eyes just wander!
10. I love books more than people.
- Besides my family and my friends, I would pick a book over talking to actual people any day. And sometimes, even over my family and friends... but don't tell them that!

What are your confessions?

2 comments :

  1. #1 I always feel HORRIBLE about returning books. I did it once because I didn't realize I bought the same book twice and I felt so bad. Like they were judging me bc they probably think I read it and brought it back. lol.

    #2 I GET THIS. I SO GET THIS. I'm the same way about music too. And movies. I remember I told this girl about my favorite movie (Amelie) and this girl watched it and then started acting like she discovered it and went on about how she loved it and blah blah blah. lol



    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy books often, but I've wondered what's the return policy - I would definitely want to take back books I didn't like, if I read it in like a day.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me