Thursday, August 16, 2012

Follow Friday (27)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Oh hai - and who is that being featured? Why... We are!

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. When did you start blogging?
My good friend, Edwin and I started blogging in February of this year. Since all we ever did was read and watch movies, we were like, "Let's make a blog and tell people about our awesome opinions because our awesome opinions should be seen by the world." So, we did and Ed and Em's Reviews was born! Since Edwin and I are on opposite sides of the country, I, Emily, will be doing all the answering. (He'll regret this later.)
2. What are our favorite parts of blogging?
Well, Edwin's favorite part is having an excuse to watch movies all the time. His family no longer judges him. (That's a lie, but we'll let him dream.) Mine would have to be meeting new people. ...Is that cheesy? Because I've met some seriously awesome people. Well, "cyber-met." Though I have met a few bloggers in person at book signings, which I now go to all the time. There are some really awesome authors, guys. Basically, meeting new people is cool.
3. What is your favorite book(s)?
Edwin loves scifi/fantasy novels. He just finished The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien and won't shut up about it. He also really likes the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. My favorite classic novel is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brönte and my favorite "modern day" novels are The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, the Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant and Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. There are so many amazing books that narrowing this list literally hurts me. I need some chocolate now, to repress the emotions. You can find all of my favorites on my Goodreads page under the lists "all-time favorites" and "best books ever."
4. What has been the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging?
Edwin says he's glad he started blogging with me because now I can't drop him as a friend. No, actually he says the best thing that has come from blogging for him is now his family buys him movies and books all the time. The best thing for me is my family thinks I'm really cool. They no longer question my constant reading. Yeah, I'm a pro. Also - Veronica Roth knows our blog. So that's PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME. *cough* Er... Right.


Q. What blogger inspires you? It can be any kind, it doesn't have to be a book blog.

A. I look up to a lot of bloggers. I really only follow book blogs, because books are my liiiiiiife. A few bloggers that have inspired me are: the group of bloggers at Cuddlebuggery Book Blog: Kat, Stephanie and Archer, Alison from Alison Can Read, Rachel from Parajunkee's View, Wendy Darling from the midnight garden and Katieb from Mundie Moms. I followed all of these blogs before Edwin and I started Ed and Em's Reviews. They helped push me along to forcing Edwin to make a blog with me in the first place. I still stalk follow them all today.

What bloggers have inspired you?



51 comments :

  1. Those are all great blog choices! I read all of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome blogs you posted! I recognize awesome when I see it, lol. Congrats on being featured!

    New follower. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being featured! I only chose one blogger, but I could have listed several :)

    I'm a new GFC and linky follower, here's my FF post.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Feature! And Good choices! I read three out of those five and absolutely love them!
    New follower here, Hooray!
    Stopping by with My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being featured!

    You picked really great blogs, by the way. Totally agree with you on Cuddlebuggery and Alison Can Read.

    Have a great weekend!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, for starters! You picked great bloggers. I love Wendy ~ she's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the feature! And great answers. Alison Can Read is a great inspiration to me as well! New Follower via GFC. My FFs are on Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the feature! I'm an old follower who enjoys your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the feature! I love your header and the background! New follower!

    My F&F

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being featured this week and introducing me to new-to-me blogs! I'm a new follower and would love for you to visit me when you get a chance.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! Congrats on being the feature this week :) I'm really new to book blogging and it's nice to see what blogs inspire you and others! New follower :)

    http://sarahthepagewanderer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey congrats on being featured! :D That's awesome! I'm an old follower.

    Here is my FF : http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the feature!! Great interview Em. Ed should be happy with it!!

    I'm new to F&F, but I've been following you for a while.

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Wendy Darling's blog too ;)
    Congratulations on the feature, I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Congrats on being the feature!

    Good choices this week ^_^ New follower via GFC!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.sinnfulbooks.com/2012/08/follow-friday_16.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome choices!! Congrats on being featured =D

    New Follower,
    Becky
    http://bookbitereviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being a feature!

    New follower!

    http://simple-books.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats in being featured. Enjoyed reading your interview!

    New follower :)

    Helene @ Helene's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats on being feature. I will visit your blogs you like too. :) I think I follow them all, but will check.
    I am an old follower.
    Here is my post, have a great day
    FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heya! Congrats on being featured!
    New follower here. Hope you find time to drop by my FF.
    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being featured. I know most of the blogs you mentioned and I also enjoy reading them. Have a great Friday. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being feature. I love all of those blogs you mentioned. New follower.

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  23. SOme really wonderful blogs I agree as well.

    new follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on becoming the feature! I love Cuddlebuggery and Wendy Darling. Their reviews also inspire me. New Follower.

    http://starrystorm.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on being the feature!
    Cuddlebuggery and The Midnight Garden are two of mine too!

    New follower.

    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  26. You picked some great blogs there. Congrats on the Feature

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the feature! I haven't heard of the blogs you listed, aside from Alison & Rachel, but I'm sure they're awesome!

    New follower via GFC

    My FF

    Ana♥ @ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete
  28. Round of applause for the feature! I visit Mundie Moms on occasion ~ great blogs :) I'm an *old follower*

    My FF

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. There's so many great blogs to choose from! I'll have to check out the ones on your list sometime today.

    I'm a new follower via GFC & Linky

    My FF choice

    ReplyDelete
  30. There are so many great blogs and that is what makes the bloghops so fun! I love Unspoken too, it's such a great book. Congrats on being a feature and thanks for sharing!
    My FF
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on being featured!

    This is such a hard question, it is honestly crazy trying to pick out just one blogger!

    New follower via GFC!

    -dee

    My FF: http://wellpinaroseonyournose.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on being a feature this week!!! Yayyyy, how exciting!!! :)

    New Linky follower!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    FF & TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on being featured. Great blog picks.

    I'm a new follower.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on getting featured!! :)

    I am a new follower. Here is my FF: http://uncorkedthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/feature-and-follow-2.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  35. So awesome on getting featured!!

    Old follower

    Here's mine: Ensconced in YA FF

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on being featured **New Follower** :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats your feature! I'm an old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome answer and congrats on being one of the featured bloggers!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Following! Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  39. I like your answer, congrats!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats on being featured! New GFC Follower :D

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on the feature! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats on being a feature! It's pretty cool you do it with your friend. I am a loner for my blog, I am too particular for it to be able to have a partner, lol. Great blog, new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on the feature!! New follower here. www.romanticreadingescapes.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. congrats on being featured! :D new follower!
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/tgif-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. New follower via FF. Congrats on the feature.
    http://www.nickijmarkus.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats on being featured! New Follower :) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congrats on the feature! I can't pick just one inspiration either. I'm a new follower via GFC. You can find my FF at http://madhatterreads.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. I follow all of those too! Congrats on the feature, I'm a new GFC follower :-)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me