Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday (8)

Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View


Desperately Wanting Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View. Unlike "Waiting On Wednesday" the meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, you can talk about books that you want that have already been released, but you haven't had a chance to read.

This week's theme is:
Summer Reading Books I Haven't Read, But I Think I Should



Our Young Adult Pick:
The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: May 5, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 
267 Pages

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

I've had this book on my to-read list for quiet a while. It's been sitting on my shelves since I had about it. Many of my friends have enjoyed it and told me to read it. Trust me, I want to! The title alone sounds makes the book sound like a great summer read!


Our Adult Pick:
The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: February 13, 2012
Publisher: Loveswept
216 Pages

In this fun, scorching-hot eBook original romance by Ruthie Knox, a cross-country bike adventure takes a detour into unexplored passion. As readers will discover, Ride with Me is not about the bike! 

When Lexie Marshall places an ad for a cycling companion, she hopes to find someone friendly and fun to cross the TransAmerica Trail with. Instead, she gets Tom Geiger—a lean, sexy loner whose bad attitude threatens to spoil the adventure she’s spent years planning.

Roped into the cycling equivalent of a blind date by his sister, Tom doesn’t want to ride with a chatty, go-by-the-map kind of woman, and he certainly doesn’t want to want her. Too bad the sight of Lexie with a bike between her thighs really turns his crank.

Even Tom’s stubborn determination to keep Lexie at a distance can’t stop a kiss from leading to endless nights of hotter-than-hot sex. But when the wild ride ends, where will they go next?

I need some swoonz. I need them. All of the people I know that have read this novel AND this author have really enjoyed it. Ride with Me sounds like a great contemporary read for the summertime! Now if only I could get a copy!

What on your summer reading list?

3 comments :

  1. The Summer I Turned Pretty looks so good. I haven't read that one but I have always wanted to. It sounds fantastic and such a summer read- it's a great time to read it! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear what you think about the book. Happy reading!

    Come check out my blog, The Bucket List

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I really want to read Jenny Han's series as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me