Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6: Book Blogger New Year's Challenge

When I saw that Rachel from Parajunkee was hosting this challenge, I decided that I was going to participate because it seemed like fun and also it sounded like something that would help me ease back into blogging.

Day 6: Best Book of 2013

This, too, was extremely difficult to decide. In fact, I choosing one is so painful because there are so many novels that I read and loved this year! So I'm going to put another "honorable mentions" section at the end so all of my favorites can have a moment in the spotlight.

I can't deny that Love in the Time of Global Warming left an impression on me though. I've read it twice more since I first finished it in June and both times I loved it just as much as the first. A sequel, titled The Island of Excess Love, is to be released in August of this year and I am just dying to read it!

PS--look at the pretty cover!


Almost the Best Book of 2013:
In the AfterSiege and Storm (though Leigh and I had a big talk about ARC page 363), Pretty Girl-13, If You Find MeAbout Last Night, Where the Stars Still Shine, Finding CinderellaPainted FacesThe DivinersCressThe Dream Thieves, and One & Only.

What do you think was the best book of 2013?

4 comments :

  1. I cannot believe I did not read that one this year, I love Block's books. I will make sure I read it this year. Love those covers.

    My Best Books of 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to get to them this year! They are fantastic, and I need to read more of her work! The cover is what made me want to read it in the first place. So beautiful. :)

      Delete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me