Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1: Book Blogger New Year's Challenge

When I saw that Rachel from Parajunkee was hosting this challenge, I decided that I was going to participate because it seemed like fun and also it sounded like something that would help me ease back into blogging.

Day 1: My Blogger Resolutions

1. Write more reviews, and expand the content of Book Jems.
- Toward the end of 2013, I started to slack off on the blog and have not been fully into reviewing and reading. It's an issue that I'm working on resolving. I love book blogging, and I want to continue for as long as I can!

2. Interact with other bloggers/readers.
- I have always had trouble with this one. Sometimes I don't know what to say. Sometimes I'm extremely awkward. Sometimes I just forget to respond. But that ends here. I want to create more friendships and share the book love!

3. Rejoin weekly memes.
- When I first started blogging, and this blog was titled something completely different, I overloaded on memes. I think I was participating in one a day. Not only is that exhausting, but it felt pretty lazy as well. Currently, Jenn and I are not actively participating in any. I would like to change that and bring back a couple because they are fun to do!

4. Do things in a timely manner, and make a schedule.
- This also doesn't just apply to blogging, but to my life outside of the internet. I procrastinate a lot. If I manage my time, I should be able to co-run Book Jems, take 15 credit hours and work part-time. I just have to make a good schedule, and work ahead rather than getting behind.

5. Write reviews immediately.
- I'm horrible at this. I will finish a book before bed and then decide to write the review the next day. ...Well, the next day turns into a month and it never gets done. I plan to start reviewing (even if I just jot down notes on my phone at first) as soon as I finish a book. That way the story is still in my head, and I don't have to struggle to remember details.

Do those sound like good resolutions? What about you? What are you resolved to do in 2014?

1 comment :

  1. Blogger interacting seems to be a big resolution this year. It is one of mine as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me