Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10: Book Blogger New Year's Challenge

When I saw that Rachel from Parajunkee was hosting this challenge, I decided that I was going to participate because it seemed like fun and also it sounded like something that would help me ease back into blogging.

Day 10: New Things I Will Be Doing This Year

- Introducing myself. I'm going to start putting more of myself into my posts and reviews. I feel like I've been somewhat holding back because I'm nervous that people won't like my crazy. But no more! I am going to blog the way I want to and add my quirkiness to Book Jems!

- Adding more originality. I want to start writing my own discussion posts, and not relying on memes to start up conversation. I want to talk to more bloggers and readers, hopefully by putting myself out there more, I will be able to gain new friendships!

- Not stressing. I used to stress out all the time about the blog looking perfect, and getting reviews in on time. It got to the point where I needed to take a hiatus for my own sanity. I will still be getting reviews in on time, but I don't want to stress myself out over it because I also have a job and go to college full-time. All of these are important to me, and I can't let one psych me out and make the other things more difficult.

- Not requesting books that I'm only somewhat interested in. My review pile is monstrous and I really need to tackle it. But requesting more books is only going to put me further behind. So I've decided to only request books that I'm dying to read. If I have mixed feelings, or I am not interested in reading the book ASAP, I'm not going to request it. (Let's see how long this lasts.)

What new things will you be doing this year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me