Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Stalk Me & Frenchman's Creek


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate, all you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can ad the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

--------------------

"Vanessa only likes me when I'm dressed and made-up perfectly, like I'm an expensive designer boot.
Brooklyn only likes me when I'm in a bikini with no make-up on, like I'm an old worn-out boot."
Chapter 31, 66%
Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #1) by Jillian Dodd


"'Faugh! The room smells like a tomb,' she said, and as a shaft of sunlight struck the pane she caught the reflection of the manservant looking at her, she could've sworn he was smiling, but when she turned he was still and solemn as he had been from the first moment of their arrival, a thin, spare little man, with a button mouth and a curiously white face."
Chapter 3, Page 21







What are you reading this week?

9 comments :

  1. The first teaser is interesting because sometimes it feels like you can never please people.

    I like the sound of the second teaser. I've only read Rebecca and makes me want to pick up Daphne's other books.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers, thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one best--funny! Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/04/tuesday-teasers-3-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gawd, I hate the cover for that first book. Teaser's not half bad, but geez, those covers! :( And I still can't fathom how I haven't ever read Daphne DuMaurier...I tried to pick up Rebecca in high school, but I didn't get very far before I chose something by Jane Austen instead. :P I should give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Frenchman's Creek...but it's been many, many years...time to reread!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liked the second teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both teasers are great for different reasons - I've seen the first book several times lately but the 2nd book is new to me.

    Here's My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. love the Stalk Me teaser!

    I met Jillian a couple weekends ago. super super nice!

    Here's my teaser tuesday featuring Jennifer L. Armentrout's Apollyon over at i*Heart*BigBooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing teasers. I'm ashamed to admit I've never read a book by Daphne du Maurier and I can tell from that teaser I have to remedy that ASAP.

    Here's my TT post.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me