Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (13)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
The prompt for this week is Top Ten Tuesday Rewind (Pick Any Past Topic You Want)
I'm picking: Top Ten Books That Made You Cry!

This is in no specific order.
Ilsa is better known for her new Dystopian series: The Ashes Trilogy. After finishing that I needed more, which brought me to Drowning Instinct. The book was amazing. I sobbed like a baby and needed to snuggle so hard after I finished it.

Have you read this? This book. I can't even talk about it without tearing up. I read the end of this book in front of my friends. They were traumatized by my snot-sobbing. All they wanted was to watch the Super Bowl. My bad.

My. Heart. The ending of this book tore me to shreds. It was so good. And it had zombies. And that's all I have to say about that.

Another snot-sobbing. This book had such a powerful message. It broke my heart. I loved the main character and I felt awful for her.

I liked this book, but didn't love it. It got really hyped up for me. It was a good book and very well written, but I wasn't wowed by it. It made me cry an awful lot though!

This book made me ache. I read it in one sitting. The plot was wonderful and very original. It was an amazing book. I couldn't help up love it! And cry like a freaking baby.

I would've loved this book if it weren't for the ending. It was dramatic and had some serious angst. I cried at the betrayal and had hope for the future at the end. Plus, pretty cover!

This book was weird and original. I couldn't stop once I started. It's so sad though! My heart was hurting when I finished the book.

I love Elizabeth Scott. I literally adore her. I'm a hardcore fan girl. I've read everything she has written. (I'm a creep... Let's get that straight now.) This book is one of the saddest, hardest books to read that I've ever have. It made a seriously harsh topic into a seriously crazy, upsetting book. She wrote it brilliantly and it's one I will never forget.

This book is very heartfelt. It puts a lot of things in perspective and takes a controversial topic and gets down to the nitty gritty of it. It's sad and wonderful and you need to read it, if you haven't already.

What are some books that made you cry?

15 comments :

  1. If I Stay made me cry, too. I read it long after everyone else, but I'm glad I finally got around to it. I haven't read TFIOS, but I have heard so many good things that I will have to read it at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read ONE of these. Ohmygosh. Maybe it's because I tend to avoid books that look like they'll make me cry. :P Although, Nicholas Sparks's "The Last Song"--the BOOK, not the movie--did make me bawl like a baby.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Totally agree there with you on TFiOS. I read this in class and my friend just sat there laughing while watching me cry. Lol. Great list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the ones you listed, but a friend of mine read Hate List and she said it was definitely a tear jerker haha. Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer made me cry like a little baby, and I'm not a softy. Great choices though(: I'll have to look into some of your picks for a sad read.
    -Raechel @ Backwood Reviews

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sobbed my face off in If I Stay. I would probably add every Nicholas Sparks book ever. Also, Second Chance Summer ripped my heart out, so i cried on that one, too. If you havent read that one, you need to.

    Here is my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, mount TBR just grew immensely. I love books that make me cry. I'm a sucker for punishment that way. TFIOS and Feed also made me cry! And If I Stay was already on my TBR list, but now so are the rest of the books here.

    I’d love for you to check out my Top Ten Freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great post. If I Stay made me cry. It was sooo powerful. I read Living Dead Girl and it almost made cry, it was...so...so sad.

    Really, just a very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was pretty much impossible not to cry while read The Fault in Our Stars! Great answers this week :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these ... probably because I don't like to cry :-( But I want to read Feed - I didn't know it was that emotional so thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Am David by Anne Holm made me cry. An ugly cry, with giant, crocodile tears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a real cry baby, haha. Things like The Notebook tear my heart apart. I'm so easy when it comes to books, while I'm not that easy with crying in real life :p

    Thanks for sharing this list! I've some new ones added to Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fault in our stars was really sad but I'm not the type that cries in books :P
    My TTT; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-any-topic.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. New to your blog. I haven't read any of these, but I've added a couple to my TBR list now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only book I've read on your list is If I Stay, and I cried while reading that book. After I think those first few chapters I was an emotional wreck and had to put the book down! Great list, I'll definitely be adding these to my TBR list! (:

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me