Saturday, June 2, 2012

On My Wishlist (16)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Cosy Books! (At least I think it is?)

On Emily's Wishlist:


The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: March 8, 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
320 Pages

It's hard finding beauty in the badlands of Washokey, Wyoming, but 14-year-old Grace Carpenter knows it's not her mother's pageant obsessions, or the cowboy dances adored by her small-town classmates. True beauty is wild-girl Mandarin Ramey: 17, shameless and utterly carefree. Grace would give anything to be like Mandarin. 

When they're united for a project, they form an unlikely, explosive friendship, packed with nights spent skinny-dipping in the canal, liberating the town's animal-head trophies, and searching for someplace magic. Grace plays along when Mandarin suggests they run away together. Blame it on the crazy-making wildwinds plaguing their Badlands town. 

Because all too soon, Grace discovers Mandarin's unique beauty hides a girl who's troubled, broken, and even dangerous. And no matter how hard Grace fights to keep the magic, no friendship can withstand betrayal.

I cannot wait to read this one. I've had my eye on it since I finished Kirsten's other book, Wanderlove. Wanderlove was one of the best YA books that I've read all year. Kirsten's writing is phenomenal and I would love to read this because it sounds just as awesome! Find my review for Wanderlove HERE.

What's on your wishlist this week?

1 comment :

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me