Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday (2)


Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Desperately Wanting Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View. It is based off of the meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, Waiting on Wednesday. Since the "On My Wishlist" meme is no longer active, Ed and I have decided to switch to this meme so we can talk about books (and movies) that we want - both released and to-be-released.

This week's theme is:
Second Series Salivation

Our Released Pick:
The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Publisher: Orbit
402 Pages

With the ring of sorrows still missing, and the covenant between othernaturals and mortals broken, Chrysabelle and Malkolm's problems are just beginning. Chrysabelle still owes Malkolm for his help, but fulfilling that debt means returning to Corvinestri, the hidden vampire city neither of them is welcome in.

The discovery that Chrysabelle has a brother could mean reneging on her promise to Malkolm, something that might make him angry enough to loose the beast living inside him. And fulfilling her vow could prove devastating for Chrysabelle --- especially when you throw in power hungry witches, dead fringe vampires, and the Kubai Mata.

I read the first book in this series and LOVED IT! I need book two now. NOW. I keep eyeing it and then forgetting about it. *facepalm*

Our To-Be-Released Pick:
The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: August 7, 2012
Publisher: Tor Teen
304 Pages

It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live--not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.
Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.
Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

Now, I'm not very far into the first book, but I KNOW that I'm going to love it and give it a high rating. So Girl of Nightmares is one book I'm definitely going to be buying in August.  Plus the cover? GORGEOUS! I can't wait to read it!

What books do you desperately want this week?

2 comments :

  1. Great Picks the covers are beautifully ghoulish thanks for sharing, click on my name to see my wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share some On My Wishlist news. I've decided to take over hosting the linky until Cosy Books returns. If you're still interested in doing the meme, I'd love to see you link up on Jul 7.

    Announcement post - http://www.workadayreads.com/2012/06/on-my-wishlist-meme-news.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me