Saturday, June 30, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews!

Edwin's Stack For the Shelves:

Bought:
Release Date: September 21, 1937

I'm about to start reading this in preparation for the movie, which is coming to theaters this December! Hell yeah!

Emily's GINORMOUS BIRTHDAY Stack For the Shelves:

For Review:
Release Date: July 17, 2012
Thank you to Simon & Schuster for this copy to review!

Bought:
Yesterday, I went to Kristina McBride's Lauch Party signing for her book, One Moment, which I reviewed earlier this month. I got two copies of her two books signed. One for me and one for one of you!

Release Date: May 25, 2010
Release Date: June 26, 2012
FIND MY REVIEW HERE.

And I got some bookmarks signed - more giveaway swag!

I met Rae in early May at another signing and I was bummed when I didn't have my book. So I asked her beforehand if she would be attending Kristina McBride's signing and she said yes. I made sure that I brought my copy of The Girl of Fire and Thorns with me and she was sweet enough to sign it! THANK YOU, RAE! (And I'll see you in August!)

Release Date: September 20, 2011

There was a section in Books & Co. where a whole shelf of YA novels were 3 dollars per book. I bought these because I loved Looking for Alaska (plus, my friend is also going to LeakyCon and offered to take my John Green books to have signed - I FREAKING LOVE YOU, BRIAN!) and Wither was a good book - definitely worth three dollars. The other two books have been on my reading list for a while, so I thought, what the hell!

Release Date: January 3, 2012
Release Date: January 4, 2011
Release Date: January 1, 2005
Release Date: March 22, 2011

Do you see these? Yeah, I bought all of these for 15 dollars. All in great condition besides Fateful, which came without the book jacket (but for $1.99, I'd say it's worth it!) Wanna know where I got these? Check out this website: BookCloseOuts.Com

Release Date:
Release Date: September 7, 2010
Release Date: September 13, 2011
Release Date: February 2, 2010
Release Date: September 6, 2011
Release Date: November 18, 2010
Release Date: December 16, 2009
Release Date: June 22, 2010

These are all of the books I bought/received.

This is my total physical haul for the week!

Gifted:
My best friend made me a cookie cake, bought me coffee and took me to see Magic Mike
She's such a sweetheart!

My mom bought me some goodies at the Kristina McBride book signing. Tempest is even signed!
(But my favorite are the cute little buttons! They are going on my purse!)

Tempest by Julie Cross (SIGNED)
Release Date: January 17, 2012

Tempest signed by Julie Cross from a previous signing at Books & Co.

Cute earbuds. My favorite color is purple!

My gift package from my dad. Those flip-flops are freaking awesome. I love them so much! 
AND HOLY BATMAN, THE CAT BOOKMARK. He knows me so well!

How cool is this? I mentioned on twitter that I was going to see Kristina on my birthday and she brought me these (her favorite candy) as a thank you for coming and a birthday wish! She is so nice!


From Netgalley:
Rerelease Date: June 26, 2012
Original Release Date: March 3, 1986

Birthday Indulgence:
I got my daith pierced (that's the piercing inside my ear) and the jewelry is in the shape of a heart. I love it! Happy birthday to me!

Won:
An Amazon Kindle Fire. Yes. You read that correctly. 
The lovely Cecilia Gray hosted a giveaway for those who reviewed her books. 
One lucky winner would get a Kindle Fire and another would get a Nook Tablet. AND I WON! 

What did you get for your shelves this week?

4 comments :

  1. First, I hope you had fun watching Magic Mike! I would ask my mom to bring me (since I can't get in myself for the R-rated stuff) but I don't really want to see it and my mom would probably flip out if I said "Hey, Mom, can you bring me to see a movie that involves half-naked men dancing around? Kay thanks!"

    Anyway, so jealous of all your signed books! I can totally have that copy of One Moment, by the way! :) Also, I read The Duff and I really didn't like it, so I hope you have better luck than me!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, an amazing haul! And the Kindle Fire looks AWESOME! :) Hopefully you get a lot of joy out of it.
    And happy belated Birthday! :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much awesomeness all in one post!! Lol! You got some really awesome deals on books- I'm totally checking out that website that you posted. I enjoyed One Moment, so I think it's so neat that you got to go to the author's book launch party! I've been to quite a few signings in my area, and they've always been SO much fun. And I'm jealous of that Kindle Fire!! Congrats on winning. =)

    Happy reading!!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'm so jealous of all the awesome books. I'm about to read Girl of Thorn and Fire.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me