Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (43)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013

1. Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
- I've been putting this off mostly because I'm nervous that I won't like it. I want to, really, really badly, but hyped up books and I have a history of not being friends.

2. The Unwanteds (The Unwanteds #1) by Lisa McMann
- My dad bought me a copy of this and I'm so, so excited to read it! I just need my copy, which is in the mail from my dad now! Woo!

3. Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen #1) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
- I have heard so many good things about this series. I just need to remember to request a copy from my library!

4. Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver
- No... I have not read this. Partially because I want to wait until the final books is out, so I can read them together and partially because I'm nervous I'll be one of the few people who don't like the series.

5. Gone (Gone #1) by Michael Grant
- This has been sitting in my kindle books since I bought my first kindle. I'm pretty ashamed of myself for not having read this yet!

6. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George RR Martin
- I want to start watching the series, but I've been told you should watch the show before you read the books. I'm waiting for the opportunity to watch the show! (I don't have HBO - boo!)

7. Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon
- I planned to read this while at school, because there is actually a hall at my university that is named after Ms. Gabaldon. She is an alum. I thought it would be cool since I was staying in that hall, but I never managed to snag a copy!

8. Gone with the Wind (Gone with the Wind #1) by Margaret Mitchell
- I am not a big fan of the movie, but I have always wanted to pick up the book. I've had a copy on my bookshelf since before I was even born. My mother keeps pushing me to read it, because she wants the book back. I really would like to get to it this year!

9. The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
- The length of this one intimidates me. I want to read it so badly though. I have one read other book by Ms. Bray and it didn't blow me away. I think this one could do it, though!

10. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- A friend of mine sent me an ARC of this months ago, but I keep psyching myself out over it. I'm a big fan of Happily-Ever-Afters and there is no way this has one! But most everyone I know has loved it. I will definitely read it sooner rather than later!

What books are you determined to read this year?

5 comments :

  1. I love Gone with the Wind. Delirium is awesome.

    I haven't read the rest in the series, but Gone is good.

    Shatter Me, The Diviners, and Forbidden are on my list too.

    Great list. I hope you get to read them soon. Happy New Years and happy reading!

    Here are the books I resolve to read

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List!
    I need to read Forbidden too. Or any books with taboo topics.

    The Diviners is on our list too. What Libba Bray book weren't you impressed with? I read Going Bovine and didn't like it but I thought Gemma Doyal was alright.

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR SHATTER ME! I loooved it! And Delirium as well, though I still need to continue those series. I hope you get to read and love all of these :)

    Judith (Paper Riot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dairy Queen is really, really good. There is a lot more to it than I was expecting. I also highly recommend the audiobook. The narrator is amazing, and very down to earth. Well, her voice is :)

    Good luck on your reading resolutions.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me