Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (34)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

These women are ALL from scifi/fantasy novels - not that there aren't women who kick ass in contemporary novels, these are just the ones that came to mind first.

1. Katniss from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- I have to state the obvious! I didn't always agree with her actions, but I admired her for her strength.
2. Tris from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth
- She's hardcore AND she has Four. I think I've made my point
3. Hermione from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
- She uses her brains instead of her fists (most of the time) and without her, everyone would be dead.
4. Cat from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
- She's so witty and awesome. I adore this series and its characters!
5. Alexia from the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger
- It's funny because in most of the books, it seems like she doesn't really even try. She's just naturally kick-ass.
6. Ananna from The Assassin's Curse series by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- She's a pirate. Guys, she's a pirate with her own assassin protector and they are going on an epic adventure. That's the definition of kick-ass.
7. Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- I just adore her. She goes through so much that it would be offensive not to include her on this list. (Plus, I just really, really, really love this series!)
8. Yukiko from The Lotus War series by Jay Kristoff
- One of the toughest girls I've ever read about. She's strong and really grows through her adventures and misfortunes.
9. The Queen of Attolia from The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
- Damn. Just... damn.
10. George from the Newsflesh trilogy by Mira Grant
- I wish I could be her, with a few minor changes (plot-wise)...

Who are your favorite kick-ass heroines?

11 comments :

  1. Some of my favorites (especially Tris!) and a good number of new ones to check out :)

    marissa

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Cinder (but didn't have time to include her in the list) and I absolutely think she is kick-ass! I can't wait to read Scarlet! Love your list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, you definitely cant leave Katniss out. She's such an obvious choice ;) Great list! :D

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh a Kickass Pirate Heroine? I think I'll have to check that series out.

    And I love the other ones that you have that I've read - Alexis is so very kickass... in a steampunk Victorian kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Ill have to check out a few of these.
    Feel free to check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-2-favorite-kick-ass.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I've seen Alexia from Parasol Protectorate listed on quite a few other lists, makes me want to make time and finally get around to reading that series.
    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had included Tris and Cinder as they are both awesome! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Alexia and George. Both were on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to comment on your list, how excited I was that Assassin's Curse was represented (I haven't read it and so badly want it to be good), but then I saw...

    YOU CHOSE THE QUEEN OF ATTOLIA!!!! I shrieked. Out loud. I didn't think ANYONE else would pick her. You are completely 100% awesome.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me