Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (25)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers share the books and goodies that they've received over the week.

Edwin Didn't Get Anything To Put On His Shelves This Week

Emily's Stack for the Shelves:

From Netgalley:

Bought:
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo (x2 - I bought one for my friend Veronica, who couldn't make it to the signing.)
I bought all of these for the Fierce Reads tour stop in Columbus, OH. It was awesome, but not for my wallet.

Had signed:
So I went to John Green's Cincinnati signing on Monday, October 15. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life, except for the driving. The drive there and back made me want to throat punch everyone around me. (I have road rage.) I had Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns and Will Grayson, Will Grayson signed. Plus, because I entered a vlog post in a contest held by The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (say that five times fast), where the signing was held, I got a front row seat and a free poster for John to sign. I am fangirling just thinking about it.

I went to another signing on Thursday, October 18. This one was a lot of fun as well. Fierce Reads authors Gennifer Albin, Leigh Bardugo, Caragh O'Brien and Marie Rutkoski came together for a tour this month and had a stop at the wonderful Cover-to-Cover Children's Bookstore. They were goofy and so much fun! There will be a recap for both coming very soon, I promise. My notes are horribly unorganized and my father is in town, so he's taking up a lot of my time and causing me stress. I'll make time though. Pinky promise!

1 comment :

  1. YAY John Green signed books. Also, I totally LOVED Cabinet of Wonders. It's completely underrated.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me