Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (33)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit

1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- I haven't read book two yet, but I'm sure it would qualify as well!
2. The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan
- I just finished this series and it was definitely creepy enough to get me read for the horrors of Halloween! (Plus, as usual, Sarah was hilarious.)
3. The Razorland Series by Ann Aguirre
- Definitely a series to terrify!
4. Ten by Gretchen McNeil
- I absolutely loved this retelling of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I can admit to having to sleep with the lights on after I finished it!
5. The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant
- Zombies, journalists and nerdy hilarity galore!
6. The Loners by Lex Thomas
- This literally almost made me crap my pants. One of the scariest horror novels that I've ever read, though I haven't read many...
7. Escape from Furnace Series by Alexander Gordon Smith
- Just look at the creepy covers... Those should be enough for you.
8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth Series by Carrie Ryan
- ZOMBIEEEES. (I love zombies, can you tell?)
9. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- I haven't read the rest of this series, but this novel is a classic.
10. The Necromancer Series by Lish McBride
- This has all the elements of Halloween rolled up into one hilarious story!

What books would you recommend to get people in the Halloween spirit?

9 comments :

  1. Great list! Interview with a Vampire is one of my all time faves. Im a follower feel free to stop by and check out my list...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesdayhalloween-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Newsflesh Trilog and Anna Dressed in Blood. I've seen Ten around a lot, so it looks like I miht have to check that one out now. Awesome list.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Ten, it just sounds super creepy! And the cover is amazing. :)The Loners sounds creepy too. Another book to add to the list. :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Ten was a retelling of that Christie book. And then there were none has been on my TBR list forever! I guess I'll have to skip Ten until I get to Christie's version first!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try the Escape From the Furnace series.
    Loners was pretty gory, but it didn't really scare me.
    I need to start the Demon's Lexicon series as well! Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should read The Vampire Lestat, it's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Loners was intense that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the Newsflesh trilogy, actually reading Blackout right now!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-get-me-in-mooood.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these but there's definitely several that I want to =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me