Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (31)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten "Older" Books I HAD To Buy... But Are Still Sitting on My Shelves


1. Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
- BookPerks was offering a copy for 13 dollars... and it was signed. I just keep forgetting to read it.

2. The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories #1) by Chris Colfer
- It was signed and though I'm not a Gleek, I'm a sucker for signed books.

3. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- My good friend recommended this to me and when I saw it was on sale, I was like, DONE. Buuuut, haven't read it yet and I bought it a year ago...

4. Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan
- I will be anything by Sarah, but I haven't read this yet because I've heard mixed things. I will read it soon, I swear!

5. The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa
- Yeah, I'm nervous. It's so hyped up, but it sounds really good. I just don't want to be that one person who doesn't like it.

6. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
- This author is a goddess. She can make me feel emotions like no other author can. I just am nervous for the heartbreak that is going to occur with this one.

7. Wings (Wings #1) by Aprilynne Pike
- I'm just really hesitant to read this because honestly, everyone I know is very "meh" about this book.

8. Unraveling (Unraveling #1) by Elizabeth Norris
- I bought a copy to have signed by the author and now I just need to actually READ it.

9. Dune (Dune Chronicles #1) by Frank Herbert
- Confession: I've started it twice and can't seem to get into it. I keep picturing Star Wars as I read. It's super long, but everyone I've talked to says that it's worth it.

10. Leviathan (Leviathan #1) by Scott Westerfield
- I bought this for a book club that I ended up never going to. I am really excited to give it a chance though!

What top ten did you do this week?

7 comments :

  1. Great books. I've held off buying them (though I have team human) as I have a stack I bought because I had to have them, but haven't read them either. =)

    New follower.

    My Top Ten

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard not to buy any! I'm glad I'm not alone in having a to-read stack!

      Thanks for following and commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. You should definitely read Leviathan. It's a great series, so once you've read the first one you'll want to move on to the other two for sure! I chose book quotes for my Top Ten:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/top-ten-tuesday-rewind-book-quotes-october-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to it sooner rather than later! Thanks for commenting and I'll be sure to stop by! :)

      Delete
  3. Really interesting list - I haven't read any of these books, but several of them are on my reading list, like Leviathan & Beauty Queens.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I hope we both read those books soon. ;)

      Delete
  4. I just started Leviathan this week. So far, it's pretty good!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me