Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Book Review: A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door #1) by Cecilia Gray

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: September 3, 2011
Publisher: Self-Published through The Alpha Division, LLP

Phillip has a duty to marry Francesca. He has always protected his former neighbor and childhood companion, and now that she is of marriageable age, he will give her what she needs most - a real home where she is welcome and wanted.

Unfortunately for him....she is done with being dutiful.

After years of being an obedient daughter to a hateful father, Francesca jumps into her first Season. Francesca is ready to dance every dance, flirt with every bachelor and snatch what she wants most - a man she loves who will make her swoon.

Unfortunately for her...he now sees making her swoon as his duty, too.

And Phillip takes his duties very seriously.

VISIT THE AUTHOR:
FIND THE BOOK:

Review:
A Delightful Arrangement is a sweet historical romance that really captures your attention from the first page.

I love Francesca and Phillip! They are such a sweet duo. I could read about them for days and never tire of them. Their relationship makes me swoon. Francesca, or Franny, as Phillip calls her is very insecure. It's obvious in her demeanor. She grew up with an extremely sick mother and a domineering, harsh father and is forced into a marriage she didn't choose for herself. I would be self-conscious and upset, too! Phillip spends most of the story trying to win Francesca over and make her realize how good they would be together.

Most of the novella, I was shouting at Franny in my head - "HE LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT! AND YOU LOVE HIM! LET'S JUST BE HAPPY AND GET TOGETHER!" She couldn't realize how much she really loved him, so I began to turn to Phillip. I mean, man's gotta take charge so he can get his woman! But of  course… it doesn't work that way. They are both so stubborn in their ways!

I love Ms. Gray's writing style. She can write a young adult love story, and she can write an adult romance with a sweet erotic twist. It's simplistic, but only in the best of ways and really gets the message across. Her words have so much meaning and really make you want to keep reading. I want Cecilia Gray to be my own personal happy writer. Anytime I'm sad, I know to turn to one of her stories. They are just so sweet and uplifting. 

My only problem with this novella is that it wasn't long enough! I wanted to see more Franny and Phillip! They are just so great together! I can't wait to read the part of the series, hopefully, it will give Francesca and Phillip at least some minor roles! I miss them already!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me