Saturday, April 14, 2012

On My Wishlist (9)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Cosy Books!

On Emily's Wishlist:

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Farrer, Straus, Giroux (BYR)
296 Pages

After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.  

I love this cover! It draws me in like a moth to a flame. Sounds like a must read, too! Honestly, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

On Edwin's Wishlist:
Kick-Ass (2010)

The blurb as seen on Internet Movie Database:

Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decides to become a super-hero, even though he has no powers, training or meaningful reason to do so.

I loved this movie. It is the perfect film for a comic book geek like me! I'm thrilled that they decided to make a sequel! This movie is definitely one that I need to own - I actually preferred it to the comic book!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me