Friday, April 6, 2012

Follow Friday (8)

Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View!

Q. Have you ever bought a book because of a bad review?

A. Not that I can remember. Well, not deliberately. I have bought books in spite of a bad review, but never because of a bad review. I try to keep an open mind when buying books. I usually find books that I want to read off of Goodreads. If there are an overwhelming amount of bad reviews, I won't usually read it. Although if one of my friends doesn't like it, I don't let it affect my decision to buy and read a book.

6 comments :

  1. NEw follower via GFC :)
    My FF is at http://fictionflaire.blogspot.in/2012/04/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower!
    I only become interested in books with bad reviews when the bad reviews are overwhelming. Not just a few bad reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our own opinions are ultimately what matter in the long run anyway.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I often read books because of negative reviews, not in spite of them, though that happens quite often,too. I don't know if I ever bought one solely based on one negative review, though. I surely hope that I did not. *g*

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from FF - it's my first week taking part, so I'd love it if you would check out my FF post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from the FF :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me