Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (48)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Bookish Memories

1. Fierce Reads Signing #1
 - I was asked to recap one of Macmillan's Fierce Reads signings last year. It was probably one of the coolest things I've ever done.
2. Fierce Reads Signing #2
 - After my first recap, I was asked to do another. (Probably because I'm so awesome.) *wink*
3. Meeting Veronica Roth (TWICE)
 - And the second time she REMEMBERED ME AND MY FRIEND. Excuse me while I go hyperventilate.
4. Being Given M&M's For My Birthday From Kristina McBride
 - I spent my birthday last year at Kristina McBride's launch party for her novel, One Moment. I had mentioned it being my birthday beforehand and she brought me M&M's! It was awesome!
5. Meeting John Green
 - I won a vlog contest that got me front row seats to one of his library signings and then he told my mom she was awesome and a true inspiration (Mom is a 18-year cancer survivor). He's as wonderful in real life as he is on video/twitter/tumblr.
6. Making Blogger/Author Friends
 - Especially my home girl, Cecilia Gray, my read-along buddy, Jen from The Starry-Eyed Revue, Veronica from Ronnie's Bookshelf and my soulmate, Isabelle (before she disappeared off the face of the Earth) from Wake Up at Seven.
7. Going to RT
 - I was actually only fifteen when I went and I am sad to say, I was within three feet of JR Ward and didn't get anything signed. (I only went for Holly Black, Richelle Mead and Kelley Armstrong.) I wish I could go back and meet all of the romance authors that I've now read!
8. Being Put in the Acknowledgements (and Quoted in the Praise) of a Book
 - Cecilia Gray, I'm looking at you. Kidney sistas 4 lyf.
*Curious? Read her Jane Austen Academy series. Book three, When I'm With You, has me in it.
9. Winning a Kindle Fire
 - Cecilia Gray, I'm still looking at you.
10. Stalking Rae Carson
 - She's a local (amazing) author and I see her at pretty much every signing I go to. So we say that I stalk her, because I'm also a big fan of her books. (It's not as creepy as it sounds, I promise.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me