Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (51)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Authors I'd Put on My Auto-Buy List

1. Cassandra Rose Clarke - I read her debut YA novel a few months back and absolutely love, love, loved it! When I was offered the opportunity to read her adult novel, I jumped at the chance. The books were completely different, but both were outstanding. She has so much talent and I plan to read everything she releases in the future!
2. Veronica Roth - I love the Divergent series and she's such a sweetheart--that always helps!
3. Lisa McMann - The woman is a goddess. I have read everything she's written thus far, with the exception of The Unwanteds (but only because my father still has my copies!). She's enthralled me with every book she's released and I will continue to support her forever.
4. Marissa Meyer - Cinder and Scarlet? Fantastic! Ms. Meyer has an amazing talent. Everything she produces in the future will be purchased by me!
5. Hannah Moskowitz - The only thing I ever know to expect from Moskowitz's work is perfection.
6. Leigh Bardugo - Foreverandeverandeverandeverandever.
7. John Green - He's so inspirational and writes some of the most fantastic stories I've ever read. I absolutely adore him and I cannot wait to see what he comes up with next!
8. Lish McBride - Lish's humor is what makes her books so good and I never have trouble rereading her work. She's an author whose work I could read all day, any day.
9. Patrick Ness - I didn't know what to expect from Patrick's work when I first started his Chaos Walking series, but as the story progressed, my adoration for Patrick grew. He is utterly brilliant. After reading A Monster Calls, I will buy anything he ever writes because he's just that good.
10. Stephanie Perkins - Her writing is just so sweet and entertaining. I have fun reading and rereading her books. There aren't many authors that leave so big of an impression on me that I will actually reread their work multiple times, but Stephanie is one of them!

What authors are on your auto-buy list?

6 comments :

  1. Wow, the only author on this list I am familiar with is Veronica Ross for the Divergent series (which I liked). Will definitely check out some of these other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yp, Marissa Meyer <3 And I also agree about Veronica Roth. I really need to pick up something from John Green and I can't wait to try out A monster calls and The assassin's curse. Great list!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Scarlet right now!!!!! Well obviously not this minute, but you get my point.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked A Monster Calls! I didn't know Ness had any other published works; time for a trip to the library. :)

    Here's my TTT for the week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Green and Marissa Meyer! I have to read these others now too so thanks for expanding my TBR stack ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I forget about Veronica Roth! Haha reading through everyone else's lists just makes me realize I easily could have listed 20-30 authors. Sheesh! So great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me