Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (40)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Authors I'm New to from 2012

1. Marissa Meyer
- Does this need an explanation? Marissa is just plain awesome (and I've met here - she's even awesome in person).
2. Carol Rifka Brunt
- Everything about Tell the Wolves I'm Home is wonderful. I cannot wait to see what Ms. Brunt comes up with next. I'm sure I'll be as blown away as I was with her first book!
3. Sarah Rees Brennan
- She's hilarious and awesome and writes hilariously awesome books!
4. Sangu Mandanna
- She writes on of the most compelling story lines I've ever read. So angsty and brilliant!
5. Elizabeth Fama
- Writes about terrifying mermaids, has a gorgeous writing style and such a nice person.
6. Gretchen McNeil
- I read Ten and it left a huge impression on me with how extremely creepy it was. I am very excited to read more of her work.
7. Cassandra Rose Clarke
- Wrote one of my favorite books of the year. I'm ready for June of 2013, when its sequel is released!
8. Jay Kristoff
- Ugghhhh, I just love the way Jay writes. His descriptions are as vivid has paintings.
9. Louise Rozett
- Ms. Rozett's debut was relatable and such a fun contemporary that I will continue to look for her work and I'm so glad that she is making a series with Confession of an Angry Girl.
10. Ilsa J. Bick
- Drowning Instinct is one of the best books ever. This book's message and palpable emotions will stay with me forever.

What authors are in your top ten for 2012?

7 comments :

  1. I loved Cassandra Rose Clark's book, so unexpectedly awesome. Great list!
    TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It was an excellent debut! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. These authors are all new to us too! This is an interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise Rozett made my list as well! I loved Confessions!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of Confessions! Can't wait for the second book! Thanks for stopping by, Lori! :D

      Delete
  4. Awesome list! I loved Sarah Rees Brennan prior to Unspoken, but I'm glad that book made you a fan! If you really like Ilsa J. Bick, try her zombie/post-apocalyptic series Ashes. If zombies aren't your thing, don't worry...the focus isn't really on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa Meyer definitely doesn't need any explanation. I loved Cinder :) A lot of those authors are on my wishlist, so great picks.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me