Friday, December 21, 2012

Follow Friday (45)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q. What have you learned from book blogging that you didn't know before about the publishing industry?

A. To be honest, I didn't know much of anything going into this. Since Ed and I started blogging in February, I've learned quite a bit. I have learned about the process of requesting and receiving galleys and ARCS, which is much different than I thought it would be. I learned what galleys and ARCs really are - before I started blogging, I didn't know that they were uncorrected proofs. I know all of the lingo now, too. I now know that there are multiple departments in a publishing company. It's not just a EVERYBODY DOES EVERYTHING industry, which I kind of figured before, but now I understand the different departments. So yeah... I've learned a lot!

What have you learned about the publishing industry since you started blogging?

1 comment :

  1. Sometimes we want to think that there is small work happening in the book industry, or we hope in order to get the books we love sooner. But there is a lot of work happening there. Thanks for reminding us :)
    New Follower
    Lil Berry @ Forget About TV, Grab a Book

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me