Friday, July 6, 2012

Follow Friday (21)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View!

Q. Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

A. Huh... You know, I had a great one for this and now I don't remember it.
...
I JUST HAD AN AHA MOMENT.
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake
I never ever never read horror. I am already terrified of the dark. I can't even watch Supernatural without having to leave a light on in my bedroom for a week. So when I picked this up, I was pretty nervous. Pretty. Freaking. Nervous. And I shouldn't have been, because while it was scary, it was such a fun and enjoyable read! Now, I'm not going to go buy a ton of horror novels now, but I will not rule them out (AS LONG AS THERE IS SOME ROMANCE AND COMEDIC RELIEF.)

What about you?

7 comments :

  1. LOL, I do want to read this book, but I agree I don't do scared well. My sis in law makes me watch horror movies on Halloween. Can you imagine I don't get much sleep then.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horror is not a main genre of mine. I get too freaked out. But it's nice every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old GFC Follower just stopping by :) Haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood and I'm not a major fan of Horror!
    Alexia - Here is My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horror is not something I read often but Anna Dressed in Blood was a great read. I loved Cass and his POV.

    New follower.
    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horror movies, can't watch those! But I like to read a book sometimes (even though I get nightmares most of the time :p I'm a chicken). But this one sounds great and I'm glad that you liked it!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/feature-follow-7.html
    Old follower hopping through ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not typically a horror person either, but I do have this on my to read list! Skimming is always good for really scary parts!

    I'm a new follower via GFC.

    I hope you come by my new blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I don't read much horror either, but I don't scare easy so that may or may not make me like it. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me