Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday (5)

Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View
Desperately Wanting Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View. Unlike "Waiting On Wednesday" the meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, you can talk about books that you want that have already been released, but you haven't had a chance to read.

This week's theme is:
Books I Would Wrestle My Mother For on the Floor Of Walmart
(Ew, dude. Walmart? Can I substitute Barnes & Noble, or at least Target?)

Our Released Pick:
The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Walker Childrens
292 Pages

Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. 

Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in.

It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

This book sounds so freaking good. I've always been intrigued by the story of Robin Hood and I'm a big fan of retellings. Plenty of people have told me that I should've already read this because it's one of the best books they've read this year. Scarlet needs to be in my hands. Right. Now.

Our To-Be-Released Pick:
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
464 Pages

This book will feature Cinder and Little Red Riding Hood and will take place in France.

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.

Right then, let's change the theme because not only would I have a fight with my mother in an unsanitary store for these books, but they have the same name. Whoa...
I want this book so badly that I'm almost brought to tears at the thought of waiting until February to get it. If you could only get one ARC per year, this would be the 2012 ARC of my life. The first book in this series, Cinder, is one of my all-time favorite books. I was amazed at how much I loved it. Now I have to wait F-O-R-E-V-E-R to read this one. Please forgive me as I snot-sob until February 5th. 
...Where are the tissues?

For what books would you wrestle your mother on a Walmart floor?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me