Saturday, July 28, 2012

Book Review: Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1) by Louise Rozett

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin
304 Pages

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... #1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)

VISIT THE AUTHOR:
FIND THE BOOK:

Reivew:

Confessions of an Angry Girl had my attention as soon as I saw the cover. The blurb? Only made me want to get my hands on it sooner. When I saw the publisher had posted the book on Netgalley, I jumped at the chance to read it! Let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

I was hooked on this book from the very beginning. I started it and told myself I would be going to bed after five chapters. I continued to say that until I finished the book. I honestly could not put the book down. Confessions of an Angry Girl was everything I look for in a young-adult novel: angst, romance, drama, friendship and high school horror stories. While some of the situations in this story seemed unrealistic for the age group in my opinion, it may just be because I come a from small town and everyone is generally nice to people. My high school experience, while totally awful, was nothing like Rose's. (THANK JOHN TRAVOLTA.)

The writing was brilliant. I could feel my face getting red every time Rose was mad or embarrassed. Rose's tears and teenage angst curled my stomach. The author, Louise Rozett, is brilliant. Seriously. The writing was realistic and really made me feel. I could read Ms. Rozett's writing all day. ALL. DAY. Loved the voice of this novel. I could really relate to Rose. I had a lot of anger issues in high school. She kept me entertained with this story and really made me fall in love with the characters - or hate them depending on who we are talking about. Her friends kinda suck, but I feel bad for Robert. It's nice that Tracy comes around in the end. There is some major hate going on between me and Regina. Isn't the psycho always named Regina?! (For example: Mean Girls) In this case, Regina needs to be locked up! She's a horrible, nasty girl!

A little awkward reading about her at the gynecologist, but educational none the less. It goes into major detail about things that occur during a pap test and exam. They discuss going on the pill and what that means for young women and sex with their partners. Girls should know what to expect when it comes to being safe during sex and the negative side effects that come with having sex too early. Nowadays you can't be too careful. This book is great from coming of age young women.

I LOVED Jamie, Rose's love interest. He's wonderful. He's rough around the edges. Jamie had a rough life and Rose is good for him. She really cares for him beyond infatuation. And though he doesn't believe he's good enough for her, he really wants to be with her, too. The end leaves us at a point where we just want to know what's going to happen between the two next. So I seriously need the next book. As. Soon. As. Possible.

I'M SO UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED FOR BOOK TWO: Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend. Is it 2013 yet? I can't wait to see where the author takes us. It's fascinating to me that the author plans to do a book for each year of Rose's high school career. I really enjoyed this even if it wasn't aimed at my age group. This was definitely for teenage girls, who are beginning high school or don't know how to be themselves during the transition, but I adored everything about this novel!


I received and e-copy of this novel from the publisher through Netgalley for my honest opinion and review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me