Friday, November 2, 2012

Follow Friday (38)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q. What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?

A. I try to always finish books that I start. It doesn't always happen, but I try. There is a deal breaker for me, though: Unhappy Endings. Maybe it is a bit childish, but I am a firm believer in Happily-Ever-Afters so it's hard to read a book that doesn't have one. I avoid them at all costs. I do hate love triangles, just because they are so over done. But insta-love is worse. Insta-love should be banned forever. Bad spelling, grammar and punctuation are annoying, but so long as I'm not constantly distracted by the issues, I can deal.

Do you have a deal breaker?

And check out the two giveaways we've got going right now:

3 comments :

  1. Hahaha! I can totally get why want your HEAs! Nice answer. :)

    New follower here!

    It would be great if you could stop by my Feature and Follow Friday post.
    We also have an INT PB Giveaway (Murmur Of The Lonely Brook by Debashis Dey) going on, do participate if you like!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I answered instant love too, so annoying! Really, I can't understand why it is so frequent to read about love at first sight, it's so over done. I mean, who can believe that? Love it's not easy like that!
    On the opposite, I do love bad endings, because Happily ever after are so common nowadays; I love when a book finishes with something totally unexpected and sad!

    Have a great weekend!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. With me, I don't mind bad endings if the story is going on. Bad endings on books in a series keep me reading. But it really depends too. And if the very end sucks, I get pissed. Great answer. Old follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me