Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (62)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: Top Ten Books With Tough Subjects

Jenn's List

1. The Fault in Our Stars- need I say more?
2. 13 Reasons Why - this book was just so haunting. I wanted to find out what was happening, but was also afraid to read the next chapter.
3. Forbidden - this book went against all my instincts. It made me feel things I never thought I would and had me rooting for a love my head told me was wrong.
4. Hopeless - beautifully written and as the story unravels, your heart just breaks.
5. If I Stay - poses the question, what if I don't want to live? What if I choose to go? Beautiful.
6. Nets and Lies - Whoa this one just...trusting someone who turns around and betrays it in the most brutal way. Such a good read.
7. Easy -I adore Tammara Webber, and while I prefer her series over this standalone, the story is wonderfully told.
8. Wintergirls - with society so obsessed with being thin, this book looks into the scars and emotional toll it takes on one.
9. Almost - this book had its moments where it drove me nuts, but for the most part it was well written. Shows how far people are willing to go to protect people they love.
10. The S-Word - while poorly executed in the writing. I really liked what the author was trying to portray: the ugly side of high school.

Emily's List
I feel like this topic was made for me because these are my favorite kinds of books! Every single one of the following made me cry for some reason or another. (I love crying, so it's okay.)

1. The Fault in Our Stars
2. The Chosen One
3. If You Find Me
4. Pretty Girl-13
5. Hopeless
6. Painted Faces
7. Skinny
8. A Monster Calls
9. Drowing Instinct
10. Hate List

What are your favorite books with tough subjects?

1 comment :

  1. I can see a few New Adult books, they seem to always have tough issues right? and I've read If I Stay Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me