Thursday, October 24, 2013

ARC Review: Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: August 13, 2013
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
100 Pages

Garrick Taylor and Bliss Edwards managed to find their happily-ever-after despite a rather . . . ahem . . . complicated start. By comparison, meeting the parents should be an absolute breeze, right?

But from the moment the pair lands in London, new snags just keep cropping up: a disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, more than one (mostly) minor mishap, and the realization that perhaps they aren't quite as ready for their future as they thought.

As it turns out, the only thing harder than finding love is keeping it.



Keeping Her was exactly what I needed after the end of Losing It. I'm a big fan of epilogues, and insight into the future lives of characters I know and love. That is exactly how I would describe Keeping It. It's short, sweet and reminds you why you love these two so much. 

Garrick and Bliss are getting married, but before that can happen, it's time to meet the in-laws. As if going to England and being introduced to your fiancee's parents isn't stressful enough. Add in exes, job offers, and a bunch of other mishaps and Garrick and Bliss' trip will turn into one they won't soon forget.

This is a very fast-paced story. It gets straight to the point with a romantic tale that is anything but perfect (because really, who has the perfect relationship?). Keeping Her is a quick read that will have you hooked from start-to-finish. I know that personally, I only planned on reading a chapter or two before I went to bed and ended up reading the entire story. I'm so glad that I did though because it helped me fall asleep with a smile on my face (and gave me dreams about my future hubs, Garrett Hedlund).

I love these characters--especially Garrick. It was so nice to be in their minds again. And we not only rejoin Bliss, but we get part of this story from Garrick's point-of-view as well! That was great, and I only wish we had been given more. I wasn't sure how the rest of the minor characters would work for me, but they tied in very well with the story, and I even found myself wishing we could see more of Garrick's mother.

This isn't very angsty, and it isn't extremely original, but it is a great read for anyone who is wondering what's to come for Garrick and Bliss. Keeping Her is an adorable view into the progressing relationship we were introduced to in Losing It. It's hard to say good-bye to these characters as they are ones that I can relate to (on that super awkward, college relationship level).


If you haven't read this series, I would highly recommend it. The Losing It series is one of the few New Adult romances that I've been able to read and love. Keeping Her  is a great little taste of this "world" that will hopefully last us until the third book in the series is released (Finding It aka Kelsey's story--I cannot wait!).
I received an e-copy of this novel from the publisher for my honest opinion and review via Edelweiss.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me