Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Reality Ends Here & White Lines

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate, all you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can ad the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

--------------------

"'It happened again,' said my sister Gracie.
I was deep asleep in that place I love, that place that feels like layers and layers of heavy cotton, and then Gracie's machete voice, cutting through it all, ruining everything."Chapter 1, 1%
Reality Ends Here by Alison Gaylin



"I imagine myself in a busy newsroom wearing a crisp white blouse buttoned up to the neck, my hair cut in a breezy, no-nonsense shag, a pair of tortoiseshell glasses perched on the bridge of my nose. The image makes me  inexplicably sad for some reason, and I close my eyes, sighing loudly."
Chapter Two, ARC Page 18-19


What are you reading this week?

--------------------

1 comment :

  1. I love that place, too...where you're vaguely aware that you're losing consciousness or when you've been asleep and are trying to avoid consciousness for as long as possible. Hate being pulled from it, too. Great teasers, ladies. I don't think I've got either of these on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me