Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (55)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is: 
Top Ten Books I Recommend Most

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- This is on of those books that I had to own, read once, but will probably never read again because it's so emotional and so wonderful that I can only handle it once in a lifetime. I think everyone should read it, because it's not often that a book this powerful comes around.
2. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
- Okay... This book is really emotional, too. But gah! With the issue of gay marriage being so relevant, especially as of late, I think this is a book that needs to be read. It's beautiful, and so perfect. I sobbed my heart out, but it was so worth it.
3. Sarah Dessen's books
- I think Sarah's books are amazing. I always recommend her to fans of contemporary young adult!
4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- My one of my favorite books, this is a classic. Everyone should read it!
5. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- Hilarious, heart-wrenching and ultimately heart-warming, this duo can do no wrong!
6. The Necromancer Series by Lish McBride
- Lish's writing is fantastic. The Necromancer books are extremely humorous and entertaining in the best of ways. I'm sad I have to wait until 2015 until the third book! So to make myself feel better, I've been trying to get others to join me in love and misery (over having to wait so long).
7. Painted Faces by LH Conway
- This is an adult novel and it's definitely not for everyone. The background of the main character's love interest is not one that is often written about in any kind of fiction. I loved the unique ideas the author brought and (almost) everyone I've recommended this to loved it!
8. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
- Even before the movie came out, I pushed this book on all of my friends (including Edwin). It's fascinating and in my opinion, better than The Lord of the Rings.
9. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Such a fun book, with just a little angst.
10. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- This is such a good series--even my mother (who I forced to read it) loved it!

What books do you recommend most?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me