Friday, March 29, 2013

Follow Friday (58)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q. Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book--and how did you react?

A. The first thing that comes to mind is a scene in Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. In the scene, the main character, June and her uncle Finn's lover, Toby, read notes written to them from her uncle before he died. It ripped me to shreds and I sobbed for the rest of the book and then forced my cat to cuddle with me. It was extremely emotional experience and was part of one of the most amazing books I've ever read. I'll just use this space to pimp it out (again). If you are a fan of heartwrenching, powerful, beautiful books, Tell the Wolves I'm Home is for you!

What's the most emotional scene you've ever read? I need some recommendations!

3 comments :

  1. I think the church scene in The Fault In Our Stars, where Hazel and Augustus read the letter ( I don`t want to spoil it to anyone, so I`ll say letter.)
    My heart broke then and I bawled my eyes out, because it`s so frickin` painful. The whole book made me cry more than I have ever cried while listening to a book or even reading one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read that but I will definitely check it out.

    Old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book!
    New GFC follower @ Coffee and Characters
    Go to www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com to see my FF

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me