Monday, March 26, 2012

Book Review: Fall For You (The Jane Austen Academy #1) by Cecilia Gray

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: February 10, 2012
Publisher: Self-Published through The Alpha Division, LLP
128 Pages

Jane Austen meets Pretty Little Liars in this fresh, new young-adult series! 

* * * 

The last thing that the girls at the elite Jane Austen Academy need is hot guys to flirt with. Please. They need to stay focused on something that lasts much longer: an acceptance letter from an Ivy. 

But over the summer the school has been sold, and like it or not, the guys are coming. And it's about to turn the Academy--and the lives of its students--totally upside down... 
* * * 

To say Lizzie and Dante are polar opposites is the understatement of the century. He's a snooty Exeter transfer with more money than Google. She's a driven study-a-holic barely keeping up with tuition. It's obvious that Dante thinks he's way too good for Lizzie. And Lizzie knows Dante is a snob with a gift for pushing her buttons. 

But things are changing fast this year at the Academy. And when Lizzie's quest to stop those changes blows up in her face, taking her oldest friendship with it, she has nowhere else to turn but to Dante, with his killer blue eyes, his crazy-sexy smile, and his secrets... Secrets Lizzie can't seem to leave alone, no matter how hard she tries...


VISIT THE AUTHOR:
FIND THE BOOK:


Review:
This book? AMAZING. I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down! Yes, it was THAT good. I couldn't believe it at first, how much I loved this book.

I'm a huge fan of retellings, especially ones of Jane Austen novels. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite story that gets retold and my favorite Jane Austen novel period. It's a great story and there are many ways it can be twisted to be made a modern story. Most of the Pride and Prejudice retellings that I've read have been amazing. This novel is no exception!

The author writes so realistically. I could feel myself in Lizzie's shoes. She's a great teenage character. She makes mistakes, questions them and regrets them later. She's stubborn and goes after what she wants. Lizzie was really relatable. She reminded me of myself in a lot of ways. The characters are all as realistic as Lizzie is. You could understand their emotions and their relationships were typical teenage romances.

Words can not do this book justice! It's addictive and mysterious and intriguing. Fall For You is also very different from other books like it. It was refreshing! It has drama, romance and the right amount of mystery. (Though the big reveal is pretty obvious, even if you haven't read the original novel. But it definitely doesn't take away from the plot!)

I loved this book. Loved, with a capital "L." I would give this ten stars if I could. I need the sequel now! I will definitely be reading more from this author!

Fall For You is a short, light read that young adult romance lovers of all ages will enjoy! You should go out and buy it as soon as possible!


I recieved an e-copy of this novel from the author for review.

1 comment :

  1. omg best blog I could have read at the crack-o-dawn EVAH - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me