Saturday, March 24, 2012

On My Wishlist (6)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City!

On Emily's Wishlist:
The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: August 30, 2011
Publisher: Aladdin
390 Pages


Every year in Quill, thirteen-year-olds are sorted into categories: the strong, intelligent Wanteds go to university, and the artistic Unwanteds are sent to their deaths.
Thirteen-year-old Alex tries his hardest to be stoic when his fate is announced as Unwanted, even while leaving behind his twin, Aaron, a Wanted. Upon arrival at the destination where he expected to be eliminated, however, Alex discovers a stunning secret—behind the mirage of the "death farm" there is instead a place called Artime.
In Artime, each child is taught to cultivate their creative abilities and learn how to use them magically, weaving spells through paintbrushes and musical instruments. Everything Alex has ever known changes before his eyes, and it's a wondrous transformation.
But it's a rare, unique occurence for twins to be separated between Wanted and Unwanted, and as Alex and Aaron's bond stretches across their separation, a threat arises for the survival of Artime that will pit brother against brother in an ultimate, magical battle.

Sounds awesome, right? A bit like Divergent. I loved that and I'm sure I'll love this! I adore Lisa McMann. She's so, so nice. I've met her twice, though I'll admit the first time I didn't really give her much thought because she was touring with Cassandra Clare and I was a bit overwhelmed with the idea of being hugged by Ms. Clare. The second time I met her, she was lovely. She signed my books and some books for my stepmom and gave me a hug. (I may be bragging a little.)



Onto her books, I have loved every book that I've read by her. She has a way with words. Her work is brilliant. That's why I am upset that I haven't read this book yet! It's the first book in her latest series and I've heard nothing but good things about it! I can't wait to get my hands on it!


What's on your wishlist this week?


1 comment :

  1. Oh wow. I have never heard of this and I want it!
    This sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me