Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book Review: Existence (Existence Trilogy #1) by Abbi Glines

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:

Release Date: December 13, 2011
Publisher: Self-Published through Wild Child Publishing
194 Pages

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.


VISIT THE AUHOR:
FIND THE BOOK:

Review:
I liked this a lot. Not as much as I hoped I would, but a lot.

I loved Dank. He is magnificent. Such a great character. Everything about him made me love him more. He's the reason that I give this book four stars instead of three. He's my perfect man. I want to have Pagan's life, just so I can have this man. That's how much I adore him.

I am not sure what made it so hard to get into this. I think it was the main character, Pagan's friends. Miranda was too rambunctious for me. I think that's what it was, at least. There wasn't enough of Pagan and Wyatt time for him to really be considered one of Pagan's best friends. That's how I felt at least. And her love interest, Leif, well he annoyed me to no end. Yes, it seemed like he really cared about Pagan, but something about their relationship didn't work. The fact that Pagan knew she didn't want to be with him, but kept a relationship with him really irked me.

The plot was awesome. It was very original and engaging. I've read a few books like this, but not so many as the plot was overdone. It had unique twists that made it even easier to read and invest in. I was hooked for the most parts. There were a few points in the book where I lost some interest, but overall I really enjoyed reading it. Plus, I love, love, loved the cover! It really pulled my interest. I think it's the male's eyes that really captured me, but I just love it!

After reading this novel, I will definitely read its sequel and the other books that the author has published and released!


1 comment :

  1. I feel like I have missed out on something good by not reading this book yet. Thanks for making me aware of it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me