Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Book Review: Dead to Me by Lisa McMann

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: February 7, 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
243 Pages

Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable...

VISIT THE AUTHOR:
FIND THE BOOK:

Review:
I feel sick over this book. It was brilliant.

Everything Lisa McMann writes is phenomenal.

This book was not what I was expecting. Though, I've come to realize that Ms. McMann doesn't exactly have the greatest relationship with happily ever afters. I LOVED this book. Everything about it blew my mind.

Ethan was an amazing character. Every ache he felt ripped my heart to shreds. Everything he thought filled my mind. Blake was, of course, my least favorite character. I can understand his motives, but the way that he went about it? It made me ill. He really was not a genuine character. Mama and Dad made me so sad. You could see their love for their son, but I just didn't think that they made the right decisions. Grace was wonderful. I adored her and the book wouldn't have been the same without her. Cami was great, too. Ethan's relationship with her made really only brought more to the book.

The plot was gripping. I couldn't put the book down. I kept telling myself that I'd only read another five chapters and the next thing I know, I'm finished with the book. I almost screamed when I read the ending. Such a twist, it's expected, but you just don't want to believe it. It broke my heart. And the fact that it ended that way? Ugh, I'm dying. If this doesn't get a little follow-up, I may never be happy again.

This book was utterly enthralling. I just can't find anything wrong with it. The prose fit the characters and plot perfectly. Everything about this book was just perfect.

Ms. McMann has done it again. It seems as though, she will never disappoint me when her work.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me