Thursday, May 22, 2014

How to Know When You Are in a Reading Slump: Based on a True Story

So my presence in the blogging world has been quite lax lately. "Why is that?" you may be wondering. Well, it's a combination of things:
1) I had an overwhelming semester, and I was desperately trying to keep up my GPA.
  *SPOILER ALERT* I did. 4.0, baby!
2) My family is going through a difficult time that has me in a funk.
3) I am in a total reading slump, and all the books that I've read lately have left me feeling "blah."

So I present to you:

How to Know When You Are in a Reading Slump: 
Based on a True Story

1) You spend a lot of time perusing the interwebz, often finding books you want to read but not actually reading them.
 

2) You keep buying books even though you already have full shelves of unread books, and even after you buy new ones, you don't read them.

3) You can name more anime (or movies or television shows) that you've watched lately than books you've read.

4) You spend more time talking/cuddling/snuggling/kissing your cat (or other pets) than a book.

5) You Google Tom Hiddleston reading e.e. cummings rather than pick up a book of poems.*

6) Your friends ask you for a recommendation of a book that you've read recently and you go blank.

7. You get a good night's sleep.

8) You actually spend enough time with your friends and family for them to remember how awkward and asocial you are.

9) Your house, car, body and clothes are super clean.

10) You want to read, but are going absolutely bonkers trying to find a book that sounds good enough to satisfy you.

Sound familiar? I hope I'm not alone! As I try to get my butt outta this slump, I will be around the blog more and more. You'll probably get sick of me. For now, if you have any recommendations, PLEASE SHARE.

*Uhm, I suggest you do this anyway.

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on the 4.0! I do #1 all the time. I always get into reading slumps. Sometimes I've read a book that was so good and I can't get into another book because its not as good as the last one. Lol, I don't know if that made sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worked really hard this semester; I'm so glad it paid off.

      And that makes perfect sense! That has happened to me before. I've flounced several books because they just didn't measure up to the book I'd read before. The risks we take as book lovers, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. Great job on that GPA!
    I've been through multiple reading slumps this year alone. It's so depressing not being able to get into a book. With that said a sure book that you'll definitly read (and will probably end up with a book hangover afterwards) is Locked by Eva Morgan. Sherlock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I completely understand the depression! It's the worst feeling wanting to read, but not having any books that will satisfy you. Thank you for the recommendation! I will have to check out that book! <3

      Delete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me