Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ARC Review: Roman Holiday 3: Blindsided by Ruthie Knox

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: November 25, 2013
Publisher: Loveswept
50 Pages

In Episode 3 of Ruthie Knox’s eBook original serial, Roman Holiday, Ashley has led Roman across state lines in an attempt to save her home. And he’s about to learn just how wily this wild child can be.



Here's what I don't like about serializations. Imagine this scenario:

Oh, I'm just here reading and loving this super awesome book. It's so good. I never want to stop reading it because that's how good it is. I can't wait for the UST to end, and for these two characters to crack and finally DO IT. That's what I'm living my life for right now. Just waiting for these characters to have crazy monkey sex.

…Wait…
What….
No…
THAT'S THE END?
BUT
I NEED MORE.
THIS IS NOT OKAY.
WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

And that's the point I'm at, folks. Don't get me wrong, I think this is going wonderfully so far and I'm enjoying it immensely. But I have an addiction to Ruthie's master storytelling and so I never want to finish. The fact that these end is a really problem.

In all seriousness, though, the adventure that Knox has sent us on still does nothing but entertain. I am really loving the originality of this story, and its characters. Of all of the romances I've read, I've never seen any plots as original as this author's. Where she gets her ideas, I'll never know, but she has great ones that she writes extremely well. Never have I had so much fun reading a contemporary romance as when I'm reading Ruthie Knox's work. She has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Roman Holiday: Blindsided is a great installment in what has been a great novel thus far. The plot moves at a great pace that won't bore or confuse its readers, and has some characters that you can't help but love!

Roman and Ashley continue to make me laugh, and frustrate me in this episode. I am so ready for Roman to just crack. There is so much sexual tension building between the two that when it explodes, the outcome will be one of the storybooks. (I'm fanning myself now just thinking about it.) Ashley continues to persevere though Roman refuses to give in and leave her beloved Sunnyvale alone. As we learn more about these two, I fall deeper in love. They are flawed, and have traumatizing pasts that they can't seem to leave there. There histories are so interesting, and I've become completely enamored. The minor characters in Roman Holiday: Blindsided were fantastic additions. Mitzi's schemes had me in fits. She's my kind of woman. She and Ashley make for a real piece of work, and I'm personally glad that I'm not the one at the receiving end. (Poor Roman.)


I'm sure it comes as no surprise when I say that I can't wait for the next installment. These "episodes" have been a blast so far, and I can't wait to see where Knox leads Roman and Ashley. Roman Holiday really is the adventure of a lifetime that I think everyone should read!
I received an e-copy of this novel for my honest opinion and review from the publisher via Netgalley.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me