Sunday, November 17, 2013

ARC Review: Roman Holiday 3: Blindsided by Ruthie Knox

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release date: November 25, 2013
Publisher: Loveswept
50 Pages

In Episode 3 of Ruthie Knox’s eBook original serial, Roman Holiday, Ashley has led Roman across state lines in an attempt to save her home. And he’s about to learn just how wily this wild child can be.

Our duo finally made it to Georgia. And poor Roman. I'm pretty sure when he offered to take Ashley to her friends, this wasn't what he expected. Now, he's stuck in hippie town staying on a swamp with people who keep alligators as pets. Then there's Ashley, who scheming ways have now expanded to include her grandmother's best friend. She's so hell bent on saving this property that she can't see anything else.

We also meet Carmen in this installment. While Roman is stuck in swampland, Carmen is down in Florida trying to figure out what the hold up is. She meets Noah, Roman's foreman. And not going to lie, I felt some sparks between the two of them. So I'm very interested in where the Roman/Carmen/Noah situation will end up.

My question is, am I the only one who is getting really annoyed with Ashely? I understand her intentions behind her actions, but she is really acting like a spoiled, petulant child. This was the first installment where I really just wanted Roman to ditch her ass in the swamp and go home.

Still, I really enjoy Knox's writing. It's fun and the serialized format works well for this story. I look forward to the next installment.

I received an e-copy of this novel from the publisher for my honest opinion and review via Netgalley.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me