Saturday, January 10, 2015

Book Review: Jet (Marked Men #2) by Jay Crownover

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: May 28, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
416 Pages

With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?


Jet Keller was all kinds of temptation wrapped up in too-tight pants and with too many personal demons hidden in those dark, golden-rimmed eyes.

These boys are going to be the death of me.

A year ago, Ayden Cross was all ready to have a one-night stand with rocker, Jet Keller. Until he said no. Now, the two of them share a house and pretend every day that there is no attraction between the two of them. Needless to say, they're failing...horribly.

Ayden has her entire life planned out, all right down to what kind of guy she wants: secure and stable. In fact, she seems to have everything  together - to the outside world at least. Inside, she's struggling with the girl she used to be, the one she wants to hide from everyone but who is struggling to come out. And Ayden is terrified of what will happen if she lets that happen, which is why she needs to stay away from Jet.

Jet is the rock star who doesn't want to be famous. Everything about him screams 'rock star' from his tattoos and piercings to his tight pants and brooding attitude, but inside he's thoughtful and determined and wants more than anything to protect those people that he loves. And because he's a musician, the words that come from him *swoon*
She was like music, something I craved, something that I felt deep in my blood and I wasn't sure what to do with it.

As it does with most, their passion comes to head in an explosive confrontation and they both decide to dive right into whatever this thing between them is. Drama, emotions, explosive fights and sexy times fill up this story of two people realizing it's ok to let go of the past, in fact, sometimes embracing it makes you a better person.

Once again, Crownover drew me in with her intricate relationships. Each story is about two specific people, but it's filled with a group of characters so vivid, I just adore them all. Their friendship and sense of loyalty make me want to be a part of this group. And I have a feeling I have yet to read my fave boys book (just a feeling lol).





2 comments :

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed this one! I have yet to read it, but I've been planning to for so long now. Great review and thanks for sharing! :)
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series really surprised me. I didn't expect to love it as much as I am. I hope that you enjoy it when you start!

      Delete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me