Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Review: Never Never (Never Never #1) by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher

The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Release Date: January 7, 2015
Publisher: Hoover Ink
159 Pages

Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget. 



 
So...
This book was extremely hard for me to rate and I know that it's because it's a two part novella. I felt like we're only getting half of the story, so how should I rate it?

Well, let me just start off by saying that I would read anything Colleen Hoover puts out. I may not always love her stories, but I love her writing style and Never Never wasn't any different. Having never read any of Tarryn Fisher, I still found myself enjoying the writing style.

Now I love a good mystery. But this was just one giant "WTF". My head was spinning by the end trying to figure everything out. Nothing was concluded, not even something small. It really seemed like a nice marketing gimmick, "Want answers, buy our next book!". (I think I may be a little upset that this was initially one book then was split into 2.)

Then there were the characters. I did not like Charlie at all and while Silas seemed like a good character, the more that came out about him just put him on the same level as Charlie.

I will be reading the next installment because I really want to know what happens, but I'm just not a fan of how it was presented.

*My opinion of the story as a whole may change pending the outcome of the entire product.*

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me