Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


This week's theme is Top Ten Book Covers of 2012!


There is no particular order to this list. I love them all! And I am someone who judges books by there covers so be warned!

 Above by Leah Bobet

The coloring in this cover is awesome. I love the contrast between the gold and the black. It's a beautiful cover. When I first saw this, I didn't notice the wings on the girl, but they look so real. The cover makes me want the book in my hands as soon as possible!







Black City (Black City #1) by Elizabeth Richards

This is definitely one of my favorite covers thus far. It's chaotic and destroyed. And after reading the blurb, it's very descriptive of the the content within the book. I love the coloring of this and the background behind it. It just clicks with me.
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHE IS SEEING. My first thought when I see this.  The reflection in her eye really is what I love about this cover. And the shadow within the title and on her face. It's very creative and the book sounds absolutely brilliant.







The Hunt (The Hunt #1) by Andrew Fukuda

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. The only word that comes to mind with this one. I love the difference in gold and how stark it seems against the crumpled silver. The bottom really works with the title. This is a great cover that makes you want to know more about the book.
Dead to You by Lisa McMann

I may be a bit biased on this one because I love Lisa McMann and all of her work, but this cover. God, it's gorgeous. It's so intriguing and really caught my eye. I knew it would be a great book as soon as I saw the cover! I think it really works with the book, too. You have to read it to understand why though!

Check out my review here!






Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy #1) by Leigh Bardugo

To me, this book looks very old fashioned. It's how I would picture the cover of a Grimm's Brothers story or a fairy tale in its first edition. I love the coloring and the simplicity. It's great. The font that it's written in is also beautiful. I love the red and black. I ultimately just love this cover and can't wait to read the book.
Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #1) by Bethany Griffin

I've heard amazing things about this book. And I will read it as soon as possible. Because as soon as I saw the cover, I was obsessed. It's so haunting. You don't see the woman's face, she's wearing all black with shades of red surrounding her. It's so creepy and awesome. The font type all really matches the cover and the plot of the novel. I can't wait to read this and show everyone how pretty it is.

Insurgent (Divergent #2) byVeronica Roth

I WANT THIS BOOK SO BADLY. YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND. It matches Divergent so well. That's why I really love the cover. I hate when books in a series have covers that make them really stand apart from each other. This works so well. And I love the covering. It seems so ominous. It's just perfect. I need it. I would literally drink pickle juice for it.
Rage Within (Dark Inside #1) by Jeyn Roberts

Gore. I love it. It has blood. That makes it wonderful. Hahaha, I actually really enjoy the way the cover is set up. The dark clouds are scary and really reflect the ideas within the book. And the blood, I honestly am a gore freak. I love horror films and zombies. This book, while it doesn't really match the first one, really is amazing to me. I would love to have it as a poster. Is that weird?






The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry

I'm not a huge steampunk fan. I still don't really understand how it came to be and what facinates everyone about it. BUT THS COVER. I love it. The wings are what really drew me in. I think it could go without the clockwork on the title, but besides that, it's great. I love the background and the foreground and the middle ground. I love it all!




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Santa Monica paper pack by Mally Mac and Me